[TUHS] unix "awesome list"

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed May 9 05:37:13 AEST 2018

On Tue, 8 May 2018, Arthur Krewat wrote:

> I have a (very) small website in http that has a few TOPS-10 items for
> download. That doesn't need to be https, but for some reason, I've heard
> that Google will lower my rankings because I'm not using https. What
> tomfoolery is this?

I'll bet my website (about a few feet away from me) is smaller still :-)

But yeah. I've been told that I *need* HTTPS, even though the damned site
is purely passive...

--
Dave Horsfall BSc DTM (VK2KFU) -- FuglySoft -- Gosford IT -- Unix/C/Perl (AbW)
People who fail to / understand security / surely will suffer. (tks: RichardM)