[TUHS] unix "awesome list"

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Wed May 9 07:25:47 AEST 2018

On May 8, 2018, at 8:31 AM, Steve Johnson <scj at yaccman.com> wrote:

> My company, Wave Computing, has built a chip with 16,000 8-bit processors on it.  And we have plans to build systems with up to a quarter million processors.  We are breaking ground in new ways to use hundreds of processors to solve problems very quickly.  It's a new way of thinking, and it makes your brain hurt.  But is is what the hardware is giving us, and there is at least another order of magnitude ahead before this trend starts running out of steam.

This sounds like a software equivalent of an FPGA! You probably
have similar to "EDA" tools for placement and routing and
mapping a program written in "HDL" to the underlying technology.
Mapping APL to this could be fun (APL programs have a similar
brain hurting side-effect!).

Somewhat relevant: A retrospective on 30 years of FPGA technology:

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7086413/#full-text-section