[TUHS] Old Usenet newsreader source code?

George Michaelson ggm at algebras.org
Wed May 9 09:21:44 AEST 2018

usenet became a primary channel for sharing music, pictures and
videos. files were split into chunks, and then refreshed as chunks.
Its like p2p before bittorrent with little or no in-band feedback.
(you would see people begging for fragment 101/1001 to be re-sent)

this reached the point where, by article count and bytecount, far more
of USENET was binary target mime attachments than discourse.

-G