[TUHS] Windows Notepad to support Unix line endings

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu May 10 09:28:32 AEST 2018

On 05/09/2018 05:08 PM, Nemo wrote:
> Maybe you do not work with people who only know grunt-and-poke.

Oh, I've worked with them before.

I just go out of my way to edgumicate them.  I'll learn them gud.

(Maybe the 3' pipe wrench has something to do with it.)

Suffice it to say that I will bend over backwards to teach people how to
fish for themselves.  I will likely give them fish exactly once.

> I usually making notes in LF-based text format and received so much
> flack over it that I began running unix2dos before uploading or sending
> anything. With this, I can now skip the last step.

I'll believe that in five years.  After the version of Notepad that
supports unix new lines is on current and (then) older systems.  Until
then, you'll probably still be pandering to them.

I did say that I'm a curmudgeon, didn't I?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die