[TUHS] UUCP "bag" files

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu May 10 14:53:01 AEST 2018

On 05/09/2018 09:51 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
> What are they to begin with?  Having run some "major" UUCP hubs in the
> day, I have no clue what a UUCP "bag" is ...

I see them in the context of Usenet via UUCP, so rnews.

The best that I can tell is that they are simply the messages that need
to be sent written into a single file that is then transferred via some
mechanism, ftp being a common one.

It looks like it might be the output of nntpsend or send-nntp.  Or
perhaps output of downstream / related UUCP commands.

I often see it mentioned in close proximity of DNews.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die