[TUHS] UUCP "bag" files

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri May 11 02:24:33 AEST 2018

On 05/10/2018 10:03 AM, Dan Cross wrote:
> Totally hazarding a guess, but I'd imagine the etymology comes from a
> news bag, as in the thing slung over the should and hauled around by the
> neighborhood kid who delivers newspapers in the morning (that holds the
> to-be-delivered news).

That makes sense and is a news analog of what I was thinking for email
over UUCP, the old mail bags that trains used to pick up and drop off,
or otherwise used in bulk mail transport.

I just haven't been able to find much.  Further what I've found is more
speculatory than anything else.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die