[TUHS] Windows Notepad to support Unix line endings

David Arnold davida at pobox.com
Fri May 11 12:16:26 AEST 2018

The upside for me as someone who packages software for Windows is that I can have README.txt, LICENSE.txt, etc, files in the Windows package and they’ll work out of the box for people who haven’t done the reconfiguration dance you describe.

Previously, I’ve had to run unix2dos on all the text files in the Windows package.

So in a few years when I stop supporting anything older than Windows-10.whatever-this-one-is-called, I’ll be able to simplify my packaging scripts slightly.

As you say … not really worthy of the hype.