[TUHS] YP / NIS / NIS+ / LDAP

Noel Hunt noel.hunt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 07:21:37 AEST 2018

The mention of a YP server that scales to the entire world
reminds me of my time at Lehman Bros. (yes, evil incarnate)
in Tokyo, 1995-96. They were using moira which I believe was
from Project Athena, to push out YP maps to all their sites
around the world. I have a feeling there were ex-MIT people
at Lehman in New York.