[TUHS] YP / NIS / NIS+ / LDAP

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Thu Nov 8 09:00:56 AEST 2018

On 07/11/2018 17:30, Grant Taylor via TUHS wrote:
> On 11/07/2018 04:37 AM, Pete Turnbull wrote:
>> Not really.  You go past the bouncer as an immediate consequence of
>> authorization.
>
> I disagree.

You're entitled to your own opinion of the meaning of the term AAA, of
course, and I understand some of the points you make, but I never
claimed the three parts are necessarily atomic.  I was merely explaining
my experience and knowledge of AAA (as a systems administrator, network
manager and member of CERT and later CSIRT in a large enterprise) from
working with Hewlett Packard, Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, Sun, SGI,
Microsoft, eduroam, RADIUS, ...

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull