[TUHS] man-page style

Rob Pike robpike at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 13:18:35 AEST 2018

As someone whose résumé, the one that got me in the door at Bell Labs, was
formatted with nroff -man, I of course support the clarity and precision
Doug celebrates. I wish the rest of the world agreed, but it doesn't.
Although I hold the editor line for much of the documentation for Go, for
instance, I fend off frequent requests to rewrite and expand. Flab is felt
to be friendlier, much as I (and Doug, who taught me more about writing
than anyone else) would prefer the leaner cuts.

-rob