[TUHS] man-page style

Chet Ramey chet.ramey at case.edu
Mon Nov 19 12:58:36 AEST 2018

On 11/16/18 4:13 PM, Jon Steinhart wrote:

> Well, not wanting to start a flame war here, but I don't use emacs.  While
> it's a good piece of software, I just want a text editor.  Emacs sort of
> violates my UNIX-sense as it does many things instead of doing one thing
> well.

That's fine. Everyone gets to use whatever they want.

> But really the issue is that info introduced a new interface on a system
> that already had one that people were accustomed to.

Improvement is in the eye of the beholder. RMS and other folks consider
info, with its hyperlinks, indexes, and tree-based navigation the superior
alternative.  Not just different, but better.

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    chet at case.edu    http://tiswww.cwru.edu/~chet/