[TUHS] In Memoriam: J.F.Ossanna

Ken Thompson ken at google.com
Wed Nov 28 09:08:36 AEST 2018

joe was much more than that. he knew how
to play the system. example:
out of whole cloth, he invented a form to
order a teletype and opx (bell labs extension)
installed in the home. he then filled out the
form for each of the unix-room dennisons.
there was a phone call from a confused
clerk, and then we all got teletypes and
data sets at home. as an aside, the opx
came with free watts (long distance which
was very expensive in those days.)