[TUHS] Unix source code archive in the news

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Oct 7 11:04:59 AEST 2018

    > From: "Nelson H. F. Beebe"

    > a goal of a triplicated complete archive of the world's software
    > history, including both open source and proprietary code.  They report
    > holding 200TB of data already, covering 80 million code projects.

I should ask them if they have a copy of MERT!

Now that we have Multics, ITS, PDP-7 UNIX and UNIX V0, etc MERT (which may
have been the first micro-kernel - although perhaps THE gets that palm) is
perhaps the most significant 'missing' OS.

If not, what am I missing? The Berkeley Genie OS for the SDS? (Dunno if that's
been saved.) The THE system? (Ditto - although I know someone has saved the
last X8.) The Atlas OS?

     Noel