[TUHS] Software Archeology: QED

Jonathan Gevaryahu jgevaryahu at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 02:41:26 AEST 2018

On 10/7/2018 6:23 AM, Arrigo Triulzi wrote:
>> Arnold wrote:
>>> I am starting to collect, if possible, different versions of the QED
>>> editor; with a hope to put up a git repo.
>> Very good!  Editors need preservation too.
>>
>> Anyone curious about Pratt's ZED aka DOC?
> What was the name of the editor which George Coulouris wrote at Queen Mary College (then Queen Mary and Westfield, now Queen Mary, University of London)? ā€œeā€?
>
> Arrigo
> .

I remember when digging for the speak.c/h stuff in the v6_doc disk pack
image, there were incomplete fragments of an editor (restricted ed? ed?)
source code in there, earlier than any version of the source code I
could find at the time, so that might be interesting to dig into as well.

--
Jonathan Gevaryahu AKA Lord Nightmare
jgevaryahu at gmail.com
jgevaryahu at hotmail.com