[TUHS] The origin of /home

Michael Kjörling michael at kjorling.se
Sat Oct 13 16:58:18 AEST 2018

On 10 Oct 2018 11:45 -0400, from clemc at ccc.com (Clem Cole):
>> There seem to be two kind of people in the world; i) those who cannot bring
>> themselves to change anything, and ii) those who change all sort of things,
>> usually with no good reason (perhaps just to be different).
>
> Although I suggest that there miight be a third kind, which I think might
> be defined as usually those that have had some experience:  *"iii) Those
> that have learned when its now wise to break from the past, but have
> learned enough from it to change just the amount that needs to be changed
> and no more."*

I know I'm a bit late to the party here too, but from personal
experience, I'd add *"iv) those who change all sort of things, and
thereby end up with something eerily similar to that which was
recently changed away from"*.

Case in point: "the cloud".

Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se
  “The most dangerous thought that you can have as a creative person
              is to think you know what you’re doing.” (Bret Victor)