[TUHS] System III on 11/34 + rl02

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:59:40 AEST 2018

Hi,
  Was wanting to put together a fully functional (meaning able to load the
whole distro and recompile itself) and "reliable" System III machine made
of real, albeit not terribly sexy parts.  I have (4) working rl02 drives
and an 11/34, so I feel like there's a chance it could work.  I'll have to
build it on the emulator, of course, then vtserver it over to the real hw
in chunks.

But the blocker is that System III only supports rl01, not rl02, which
kills the 'full distro' prospect.

Would anyone know if it's trivial to modify the source for the rl01 driver
to just add double the blocks, thereby supporting rl02?  Or am I wildly
underestimating the task at hand?  Has this been done before?  Tips?

thx
jake