[TUHS] First ARPAnet transmission

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Oct 30 07:13:09 AEST 2018

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018, John Labovitz wrote:

[...]

> ...it appears that DST was *not* in effect on October 30, 1969.

Which is another reason why I don't use UTC; not only do I have to be
familiar with every timezone in the world (how many does Russia have
again?  At least China has just the one) but I also have to see whether
DST applied at the time.

Did you know, for example, that in Australia, DST was changed to
accommodate the Sydney 2000 Olympics, otherwise the foreign athletes
would've been confused as hell?

Abolish DST, I say; it was introduced as a temporary measure during one of
the World Wars to increase production or something.

-- Dave