[TUHS] First ARPAnet transmission

Arno Griffioen arno.griffioen at ieee.org
Tue Oct 30 16:07:08 AEST 2018

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 03:55:42AM +0000, Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> Bakul Shah wrote:
> > Dave Horsfall wrote:
> >> Abolish DST, I say; it was introduced as a temporary measure during one of
> >> the World Wars to increase production or something.
> > Agree it should be abolished.
>
> Being done in EU.

Going *really* off-topic here, but in true EU style it may well end
up a total mess with all different countries choosing to either stay in DST
or 'regular' time permanently.

So that could potentially lead to an 'interesting' patchwork of timezones
across the region.

Slowly some noises in the EU halls of power starting to appear now that it's
likely better to take some more time for this and try to reach a single
agreed-on 'time selection' decision for the whole region.

So there may be some hope for a sane result..

Now back to your regular scheduled UN*X history channel programming!

								Bye, Arno.