[TUHS] RetroNet… Virtual is cheap.

William Pechter pechter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 03:36:09 AEST 2018

One thought about Digital Ocean is they even have a web browser based graphic console so you get to fix things @ single user yourself as well as run X remotely if needed...

-----Original Message-----
From: Cornelius Keck <ckeck at texoma.net>
To: William Pechter <pechter at gmail.com>
Cc: ckeck at texoma.net, tuhs at tuhs.org
Sent: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 12:24
Subject: Re: [TUHS] RetroNet… Virtual is cheap.

Indeed, that's cheap. When I started out back in ... thinking .... '99
with my first own domain, there were not that many offerings for hosting
at the cost for (then) DSL plus static IPs. Had there been offerings
this low back then I might have opted for that.

But, I liked the way to have physical control over my setup, still do,
so there was, is no reason to switch at this time. Given different
circumstances, I might.