[TUHS] SunOS code?

Cág ca6c at bitmessage.ch
Sat Sep 1 08:19:27 AEST 2018

Larry McVoy wrote:

> SunOS was based on the BSD code, the entire system was frequently
> described as "a bug fixed BSD".
> Solaris was Sys Vr4 [...].  Both the kernel and user space went to a
> Sys V compat system, it no longer felt anything like BSD.

I find it kinda weird, considering what Bill Joy did for BSD and,
obviously, for Sun. I wonder what he himself thinks about it. Shout out
to Bill if he reads the list.

Also, I'm using the original vi (ex-vi that is from Heirloom), not nvi,
as my development platform. Another weird thing: his original vi never
made it to any BSD distribution.

--
caóc