[TUHS] Public access multics

John P. Linderman jpl.jpl at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 09:24:56 AEST 2018

I was at MIT in the late 60's, using Multics when Bell Labs decided to pull
out. A problem, in retrospect, was the use of PL/I as the primary language.
PL/I was a language designed by a committee, and it showed. It would never
have made a plausible systems programming language. But Multics was a lot
more fun to use than CTSS, which it replaced.