[TUHS] Public access multics

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Sun Sep 2 12:52:23 AEST 2018

On Sat, Sep 01, 2018 at 07:32:53PM -0700, Charles Anthony wrote:
> At least one of the new Multicians (me) is subscribed to TUHS.

Welcome.  You'll find this list to be pleasant, it's mostly Unix but
we've got Ted from Linux (which is a big deal, he has a lot of history
in his head and is a good guy), Ken is on here though he rarely posts
(and we all try and be nice to keep him around), Doug is here, Steve is
here, and all of us wannabes are here.

I love being on this list, as a young dude I was pretty unhappy that I
was born at the wrong time, I really really wanted be part of Bell Labs.
But I got to be part of Sun, which I think was the Bell Labs of their
time.  And then there is this list which has some of the Bell Labs folks.

It reminds me of the Band, there is a video and Neil Young says "it's
one of the pleasures of my life to be on stage with these people".
Yeah, it's one of the great pleasures of my life to be able to talk
the Bell Labs people on this list.  And other fans of the Unix history,
love this list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2z7LXpAX3Q