[TUHS] Fwd: Public access multics

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 14:05:39 AEST 2018

On Sep 1, 2018, at 6:25 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:

>> From: Will Senn
>
>> I was thinking that Multics was a failed predecessor of unix
>> ... straighten me out :)
>
> I'd start with:
>
>  https://multicians.org/myths.html

Noel, Fascinating read. I must’ve read at least a good handful of the references leading to the myths described in the writeup. As usual, I can trust the folks who lived history to remember it more clearly than many revisionists writing about it later.

Thanks for sharing.

Now, I’m wondering what awesome features Multics had that we’re still lacking in modern *nices... anything as amazing as say, my favorite filesystem, ZFS?

Will