[TUHS] Public access multics

Charles Anthony charles.unix.pro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 02:23:15 AEST 2018

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 6:07 AM Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Sep 2018, John P. Linderman wrote:
>
> > PL/I was a language designed by a committee, and it showed. [...]
>
> I have never seen a full-blown PL/I compiler (only subsets), and I recall
> being told that there never will be one because it is simply impossible,
> given the spec.
>
> Naturally I am happy to be proven wrong on this.

AM83 Multics PL1 Reference Manual, pg 1-1: "Multics PL/I is closely related
to American National Standards Programming Language PL/I. ... ANSI
X3.53-1976... For a complete description of the differences between Multics
PL/I and Standard PL/I, see Appendix A of the PL/I Language Specification."

Appendix A, pp A-1 to A-4:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12wRW7vgCVTP4bL7942YiEEUQc2J9bWes
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1McndftW6HPioowfIAmL1P8WhabpvYeWg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XJdaj8YGHTERjTu9xq3KEM0nAGiAFm2M