[TUHS] Public access multics

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Mon Sep 3 16:18:54 AEST 2018

Was Algol 60 any kind of viable alternative at the time? IIRC
manufacturers in Europe were using it for systems programming.
(This is all before my time, so I could be wrong, which is why
I'm curious.)  In the US Burroughs used Algol, but that may have
been later than the mid-60s timeframe of Multics.

Thanks,

Arnold