[TUHS] RetroNet…

jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com
Mon Sep 3 18:24:47 AEST 2018

Yes, I’m familiar with that write up…. I wrote it!

And yes, it's why I later grabbed a bunch of compression algorithms and went with lzss as it compressed well, fast an ld was tiny compared to others...

https://virtuallyfun.com/wordpress/2014/06/06/i-forget-what-i-was-looking-for/

I would highly recommend compressing the frames for sure.  On high latency links it sure helps too.

It's also why cisco had licensed LZS compression for their serial links.  And totally worth looking at.