[TUHS] cat -v and other complaints

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 06:49:57 AEST 2018

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 1:02 PM Andy Kosela <akosela at andykosela.com> wrote:

> One still cannot ignore the fact that Unix and Plan 9 offer two
> completely different approaches to displaying text.  I think it also
> would not be very productive nor it was intended to use Plan 9 without
> mouse and rio(1).

I spent four years using Plan 9 on the Blue Gene supercomputer (I led the
team that did the port). I also spent years using it on embedded systems
with no windowing system at all.

What you're saying does not accord with anything I experienced with Plan 9
over a dozen year span. I also don't believe your claims are driven by
experience using Plan 9; am I missing something? What is the basis of your
statement?