[TUHS] Public System V UNIX Release 3 (3B2/400) Access

Seth Morabito web at loomcom.com
Sat Sep 8 05:50:46 AEST 2018

Hello all,

I'm beta-testing a service I've set up to allow public access to a network of computers running System V UNIX Release 3.2. This is only tangentially related to RetroNet, and we hope to peer with them once RetroNet has UUCP peering going!

The network consists of three emulated 3B2/400s linked by UUCP, and connected to the Internet through a gateway system. E-mail (UUCP, UUCP-to-SMTP, and SMTP-to-UUCP) works in and out of the network.

There is a small private Net News setup running BNews for that true historic flair. All machines have access to the "retronet.*" news hierarchy. (There is no public Usenet access, sorry!)

If you're interested in reliving some UNIX history, consider signing up for an account. You'll be randomly assigned a home host in the network.

Account signup form is here:

https://loomcom.net/

Access is via SSH-to-Telnet gateway, by connecting to:

        $ ssh access at loomcom.net

(No password is needed for the SSH gateway, it is a captive portal)

-Seth
--
  Seth Morabito
  Poulsbo, WA