[TUHS] SPARC is CRAPS spelled backwards.

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Sep 25 20:00:37 AEST 2018

Peter Jeremy <peter at rulingia.com> wrote:

> In the specific case of x86, I would dispute that.  The various warts in
> the x86 instruction set and "architecture" mean that x86 code density is
> relatively low and on a par with SPARC code.

This paper has a nice survey of instruction set densities, which very much
disagrees with your statement:

http://web.eece.maine.edu/~vweaver/papers/iccd09/iccd09_density.pdf

Tony.
Dogger, Fisher, German Bight, Humber: West or northwest 4 backing southwest 5
to 7, occasionally gale 8 later except in Humber. Slight or moderate becoming
moderate or rough, then very rough later in Fisher. Showers. Good.