[TUHS] Original Unix SOSP paper?

Doug McIlroy doug at cs.dartmouth.edu
Sat Sep 29 22:03:56 AEST 2018

Warren wrote:
> I would like to do some work on how the content changed over time.
> The result would be, for me, an interesting paper to read but somehow
> I think the readership base would be limited :-)

"Critical editions", as they are known in literary circles,
garner wide respect if not wide readership. Go for it.

Incidentally the earliest diff programs I know about date
from about 1969. One was by Steve Johnson, specifically
for comparing comdecks--compressed assembler source. The
other arose in service of critical editions.

Doug