[TUHS] Paper discussing Unix boot process?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Thu Apr 11 11:45:39 AEST 2019

On Thursday, 11 April 2019 at  8:53:42 +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 06:24:56PM -0400, Clem Cole wrote:
>>    http://www.lemis.com/grog/Documentation/Lions/index.php is the Lions
>>    book including PS and PDF and in the original troff thankfully.
>>    [Why someone would convert it to tex is a little beyond me].
>
> That's all I knew at the time :-)

A bit of background: the sources come from a uuencoded posting on
alt.folklore.computers in May 1994 (almost exactly 25 years ago;
that's interesting in context of 50 years of Unix).  It was titled
"Leo's notes", and I grabbed them before they disappeared.  I didn't
meet Warren in person until some years later.

The source comes from scans that Warren made, and they contain typical
scan errors.  I have a number of patches backed up that I should
apply; I'll send another message when I have.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.