[TUHS] 516-TSS, was re: Joe Condon

Mary Ann Horton Gmail mah at mhorton.net
Sun Apr 21 13:07:33 AEST 2019

The Honeywell 516 was the basis for the ARPANET IMP, which later became
the ARPANET TIP (on a 316 by then.)  The IMP was the router that held
the ARPANET together, the TIP an enhanced version that allowed terminals
to telnet to hosts on the net.  This version of the 516 didn't run
anything like UNIX.

Is it possible he got access via the ARPANET?  Or that somehow his
access got confused with the ARPANET?

     Mary Ann