[TUHS] Who's behind the UNIX filesystem permission

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Fri Aug 2 02:35:29 AEST 2019

There's also the setgid bit on directories, that when files are created,
they will be in the group that the parent directory has on it.

Also, I don't think it's been mentioned, but there's the setuid bit on
directories - otherwise known as the sticky bit. When set, even if you
have rights to "write" the directory (meaning, delete files), you can't
delete those owned by other users. Useful for /tmp

I have no idea what the timeline is for either of these features :)