[TUHS] [SPAM] Re: If not Linux, then what?

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Wed Aug 28 14:05:40 AEST 2019

I could be wrong but that's my memory.  What he told me was streams was
for line disciplines for tty drivers.  That's what I know but you were
there, I was not.  I'm pretty confused because what Dennis said to me
was that he did not think streams would work for networking, he thought
they made sense for a stream but not for a networking connection because
that had multiple connections coming up through a stream.

I'm happy to be wrong but can you talk more about what he was thinking?
There is no way that I'm saying you are wrong, you are you, I just want
to learn.  If there is a way that streams made sense for networking I'd
like to see that.  My experience with STREAMS is that they sucked really
hard for networking.

My guess is I need to go learn about mpx, I don't know that.

--
---