[TUHS] Running v10

Henry Bent henry.r.bent at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 02:46:03 AEST 2019

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 at 03:41, Angelo Papenhoff <aap at papnet.eu> wrote:

> On 28/08/19, Jason Stevens wrote:
> > I don’t recall their being detailed installation instructions like
> v8/v9.  I never noticed the vax boot stuff as it was buried in the tree.
> It’s possible that it’s buildable.  Or it could be incomplete like the Mach
> 2.5 VAX missing system headers….
> >
> > I guess it’s worth trying on whatever should be the parallel BSD system
> if it’s like v8/v9 which needed a BSD machine to bootstrap.
>
> Check out "Setting Up a Research UNIX System" by Norman Wilson. troff
> sources are in v10.

Thanks, I hadn't found that yet.  Unfortunately it assumes that you have a
tape with at least a root and /usr dump, which we do not have.

I have several ideas about how one might go about building the tree using
existing distributions but any further discussion probably isn't
appropriate for this list.  If anyone would like to collaborate please feel
free to contact me off-list.

-Henry