[TUHS] dmr streams & networking [was: Re: If not Linux, then what?]

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Thu Aug 29 09:02:40 AEST 2019

On 8/28/2019 6:36 PM, William Pechter wrote:
> I could've sworn 4.x BSD supported Micom Internan NI1010 or some other
> early
> ethernet like 3com as well as the DEC boards.
I know some VAX-11/750's running BSD 4.2 were running NI1010's - I don't
know if that was because someone had made/found a driver and installed
it, or it was native. Maybe backported from 4.3.

I think I might actually have one of those 1010's and I'm pretty sure I
have the driver development guide for it (tech specs).

Looking at the 4.3 sources I got from the place that had these VAXs,
there's this.

./src/nfsdist/32_43.FCS/sys/vaxif/if_il.c
/* @(#)if_il.c  1.4 87/07/22 3.2/4.3NFSSRC */
/*
  * Copyright (c) 1982, 1986 Regents of the University of California.
  * All rights reserved.  The Berkeley software License Agreement
  * specifies the terms and conditions for redistribution.
  *
  *      @(#)if_il.c     7.1 (Berkeley) 6/5/86
  */

#include "il.h"
#if NIL > 0

/*
  * Interlan Ethernet Communications Controller interface
  */

<SNIP>