[TUHS] dmr streams & networking [was: Re: If not Linux, then what?]

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat Aug 31 10:58:13 AEST 2019

Actually not in lock step.  They were independent.  One was called the
executor and the other the fixer.  When a fault was detected the executor
was sent wait stated while the fixer handled the fault and refilled the
TLB.   Once the TLB was set to instruction was allowed to complete.    Btw
when the 68010 was released the pals on the board were changed to allow the
executor to actually take the fault and do something else while the fixer
replaced the TLB entry

The idea was proposed by Forest Baskett at an early Asilomar conference but
never built by him - I want to say 1980 or 81.    I have lost that paper
and would love to find a copy again BTW.    To be fair both Apollo and
Masscomp’s hw teams reduced the idea to practice independently but I know
of no other folks that tried it.

--
Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual