[TUHS] Gaming on early Unix

Ken Thompson ken at google.com
Mon Dec 9 10:35:25 AEST 2019

in the early 70s, noone had seen a computer.
i had a terminal at home and we were giving
a dinner party. i wrote several games for the
party from the back of an off-the-shelf puzzle
book.

the ones i remember:

moo (bulls + cows)
hunt the wumpus (move or shoot)
learning tic-tac-toe
i can guess your number (divide and conquer)
jealous husbands (similar to fox hen corn)
nim

i think there were more. they went over
pretty well at the party.

i think this was 1969 or 1970.