[TUHS] Gaming on early Unix

Angelo Papenhoff aap at papnet.eu
Mon Dec 9 21:17:05 AEST 2019

On 08/12/19, Ken Thompson via TUHS wrote:
> my favorite is the original star wars on the pdp-1.
> i think it came from lincoln labs, but i played it
> in 1965-1966 at stanford.
> a very good replica was done on unix by dmr.

I wonder if this unix spacewar is still around. What was used as the
display?

Last month I got spacewar to run on my FPGA PDP-6 and PDP-10. There's
still some work needed on the CRT simulation, but it's already looking
quite good.

The PDP-1 version can be played here (from where i stole the CRT
simulation): https://www.masswerk.at/spacewar/

aap