[TUHS] Blit source

Paul Ruizendaal pnr at planet.nl
Mon Dec 16 06:45:30 AEST 2019

I’m looking for source code of the original Blit as described here:
http://doc.cat-v.org/bell_labs/blit/blit.pdf <http://doc.cat-v.org/bell_labs/blit/blit.pdf>

It does not seem to be on the v8 tape. I found the following on the web:
http://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/retrocomputing/att/5620/software/ <http://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/retrocomputing/att/5620/software/>
but that seems to be from much later and for the 5620.

Then there is this, which seems to be the Blit's graphics routines or a derivtive thereof:
https://stuff.mit.edu/afs/athena/astaff/project/Sdev/S/src/fun/blit/ <https://stuff.mit.edu/afs/athena/astaff/project/Sdev/S/src/fun/blit/>
(although it seems larger than the 8KB mentioned in the paper).

I’m aware of this emulator:
https://github.com/aap/blit <https://github.com/aap/blit>
which uses a rom dump; it appears a good base for h/w documentation.

Did the sources of these rom contents survive?