[TUHS] Blit source

Rob Pike robpike at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 16:54:09 AEST 2019

The Gnot had a 68040 (which had an MMU that paged properly) and an INCON
interface, which was a kind of Datakit for the home. Twisted pair. Half a
megabit if I remember right, but I probably don't.

Two bits per pixel. The "render extension" in X Windows originated there,
after an epiphany I had while watching Hoop Dreams. True story.

The MIPS machine you refer to was called a Magnum, made by somebody for
Microsoft as a porting engine for Windows to non-Intel.

-rob