[TUHS] Women in computing

Finn O'Leary finnoleary at inventati.org
Fri Feb 15 00:02:31 AEST 2019

On Thu, 2019-02-14 at 08:14 -0500, John P. Linderman wrote:

>> https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/magazine/women-coding-computer-programming.html

This is something I noticed when I was watching the 1980s MIT
OCW videos of Sussman and Ableson teaching SICP. If you pay
attention to the glances the camera takes of the audience, it's
got a wide diversity of age-groups and genders (Of course (heh),
I don't know if that's because of the circumstances of that
particular course, or if MIT's entry requirements have changed.
I wonder if anyone here can clarify that).

--
- Finn
PGP fingerprint: 739B 6C5C 3DE1 33FA