[TUHS] Upgrading from 11/40 to 11/45 in Unix v6

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Tue Jan 1 01:50:08 AEST 2019

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 2:20 AM Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
wrote:

> Speaking of the last write dates, I have versions of mv/mvall, cp/cpall,
> ln, chmod etc which retain them (using smdate()).

Yup - thanks, I snarfed the stuff on gunkies that you had a while back.

> If there's an actual community of people using V6, I should upload all
> the stuff I have.

Of course we all should ;-)

> Although it might be good to establish some central location for exchange
> of V6 code.

I think that if Warren added a 'collected tools' directory next to each of
distributions, that would work and I think would make the most sense.   As
I said, elsewhere your stuff, v6tar, cpio, stp and a smattering of
offerings from the old usenix tapes, plus maybe a couple of from 1BSD such
as ex might be appropriate.

Clem

ᐧ