[TUHS] Isaacson v Unix

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Jan 6 00:30:31 AEST 2019

   >> From: Doug McIlroy

    >> I have heard also that Isaacson's "Idea Factory" (about Bell Labs)

    > Did you mean the work of this title by Jon Gertner? (I have yet to pull
    > down my copy to see what it says about Unix

I looked, and it too says next to nothing about Unix (which it describes as a
"programming language" - pg. 346). Oh well.

This is really a pretty serious omission, given that the vast majority of
mobile devices now run Android, which is a Unix derivative (Linux). So just
about everyone has a Unix-derived thing in their pocket.

      Noel