[TUHS] TUHS Digest, Vol 38, Issue 10

Christian Barthel bch at online.de
Thu Jan 10 05:13:19 AEST 2019

Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> writes:

> The name seems obvious because I've seen it for the last 30 years. But I've
> not seen it used elsewhere, nor have I seen it documented except in
> relationship to Unix. [....]

It is also used by Erich Gamma's famous book "Design Pattern": The
Strategy Pattern.  Is it somehow related to Unix (due to the reason that
the Unix device interface is designed in an object oriented fashion)?

Apart from that, U. Vahalia describes the strategy entry point in the
book "UNIX Internals: The new Frontiers" (ISBN 978-0131019089) as:

--
Christian Barthel