[TUHS] Origin of the name 'strategy'

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Jan 10 09:30:07 AEST 2019

Is it just me, or do others here also think of bread() when writing
"bread" on a shopping list?

I've been using Unix since it first appeared in Australia, so I guess I'm
now permanently damaged :-)

Then again, during a late-night session at work getting a pair of Telebit
NetBlazers to work, $BOSS asked me to order a pizza for us, so I picked up
the phone and started dialling an IP address...  And according to aus.net
(I think) I was not the only one to do that :-)  Oh, and I got to stay
overnight in a nearby motel on his sixpence, because I was simply too
buggered to make the 70km drive back home...

-- Dave