[TUHS] Happy birthday, C.A.R. Hoare!

Clem cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Jan 11 10:06:08 AEST 2019

Dave. The w in Algolw was Wirth.  He was at Stanford at the time.  It was written in PL/360 btw.    The sources are googlable.  FWIW  Pascal was done a couple of years later with lessons learned from Algolw and reaction to Algol68.

Sent from my PDP-7 Running UNIX V0 expect things to be almost but not quite.