[TUHS] AT&T / Teletype DMD 5620 Emulator

Seth Morabito web at loomcom.com
Sat Jan 12 08:20:31 AEST 2019

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019, at 1:12 AM, arnold at skeeve.com wrote:
> This is pretty cool. Can you post links for this and the 3B2 emulator?

Hello Arnold,

Absolutely, I'd be happy to.

The 3B2 emulator is described in more detail here:

-  https://loomcom.com/3b2/emulator.html

The DMD 5620 emulator is documented here:

-  https://loomcom.com/3b2/dmd5620_emulator.html

> I had one for a few years at Georgia Tech and I *loved* the keyboard.
> It was a huge productivity boost being able to have multiple windows.
>
> We used them connected to our Vax 11/780 with 4 Meg of memory running
> 4.[12] BSD (don't remember which) and having multiple DMD 5620s
> with multiple windows open on each drove the poor vax to its knees...

I can imagine! The multiplexing code running on the host could get pretty expensive pretty fast, especially with multiple layers per terminal.
--
  Seth Morabito
  Poulsbo, WA
  web at loomcom.com