[TUHS] The John Snow's of the UNIX family

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Thu Jan 17 01:05:51 AEST 2019

Dan Cross <crossd at gmail.com> writes:

> I can't remember the fellow's name; something "Roberts" maybe. [...]
> What's notable about that, to me, was that he wrote UREP for DG/UX and
> was known to be fond of Data General machines.

Robert Michael Owens -- in the utzoo Usenet archives there are very
early posts from him as psuvax!bear. He passed away in 1997; see the
biography here: http://sips2016.rice.edu/bob-owens/

A 1983 post to net.unix-wizards from Bruce Crabill says:

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>