[TUHS] Floppy to modern files for Usenet maps

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Wed Jul 10 11:19:36 AEST 2019

On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 09:02:50PM -0400, Arthur Krewat wrote:
> On 7/9/2019 8:49 PM, Larry McVoy wrote:
> >reminds me of bringing up X11
> >back in the day.
> Oh boy, the output from that make, hoo-weee....

Indeed.  Bringing up X11 when I knew nothing about graphics drivers was,
um, interesting.  It did teach me to just try #ifdef-ing out the code
that didn't work, sort of a prune the tree approach, that helped me
later in life.  Things don't have to be perfect, a working window
system that fails in some corner case I don't hit is better than
nothing by a long shot.